UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 13 – We plan to launch a major update of this app today. Stay tuned!!
Here’s a link that highlights some of the features we’ve added to the upcoming update.
This app is a simple, efficient grading tool for professors and teachers who use a grading rubric.
For example, suppose you break a paper down into five categories…
- On Time
- Clear Intro
- Presented an Argument
- Critically Discussed an Objection
- Appropriate Citation
Simply pick the kind of Rubric you want (Point Deductions or Letter Grade averages), set your labels, and use the radio buttons to grade each section in your rubric. Hit the calculate button and you’re finished. Record your grade. Hit the reset button and move on to the next student. It’s that easy.
UPDATE: EMAIL STUDENTS GRADES
Now users have the option of generating an email message when you press the calculate button. The auto-generated message will include the final grade and a breakdown of your marks for each rubric category. All you’ll have to do is enter their email address (which will be very quick if your students are in your gmail contacts) and press send. You can even store a customized subject, intro message, and signature.
Highlights in version 1:
- Set custom rubric labels
- 2 Number Rubrics – These are numbered, point deduction rubric models. Right now we have a 10 item rubric and a 5 item rubric.
- 3 Letter Rubrics – If you don’t think in point deductions, but prefer to grade each section of your rubric with letter grades, we have three letter rubrics available (3, 4, and 5 categories). Assign a letter grade to each section, and the calculate button spits out an average letter grade. You don’t have to think about the numbers at all.
- …more customization options are coming soon!
- An Android device running Android 1.6+
(Right now we have 3, 4, and 5 rubric category options…more coming soon!)
(Right 5 and 10 rubric categories…more coming soon!)
Set the app to auto-generate an email with a complete grade report